things that might make sense

Friday, March 13, 2009

tangibility is sexy

maybe it's because i'm the world-class cuddle champ, but i really love the message in this song.



so often people get caught up in words. now, don't get my wrong...i'm a fan of a well-placed term, but sometimes it is just nicer to feel things...physically.

"i could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love..."

i once read a book about the perception of one's feelings and how those feelings should be entirely necessary for any person you are having a relationship with. i think that's an integral part of communication some people just don't get. if you aren't interested/concerned/careful of what kind of perception your actions/words evoke in another, then you really aren't communicating at all.

"no, there's nothing that i wouldn't do...to make you feel my love..."

gary chapman pretty much fleshes it out for us anyway in 5 Languages of Love (http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/). you just have to be willing to understand what your partner needs and do that for them. it sounds so easy out loud...er...blogged out.

if you haven't read it...do it. it will rock your world. i use applications from that book in so many areas of my life. i'm pretty sure i read it when i was single. i'm single and i still use advice from him in every relationship i have.

of course it is geared towards romantic relationships...but luckily i have some besties who don't mind cuddling. :-)

i, for one, know that my love language is physical touch and my secondary love language is quality time. understanding that really helps me understand my feelings about relationships and what i need from a partner. i think it also opens me up to my partner's needs. isn't that what it's all about? i think so.

"you ain't seen nothin' like me yet."

No comments: